Hematology › Forums › Hematology MCQ discussion forum › NEET SS Clinical Hematology 2020 Telegram Group Discussion MCQs › Reply To: NEET SS Clinical Hematology 2020 Telegram Group Discussion MCQs
25. Which of the following is true combination of causes leading to elavated Homocysteine (Hcy) ?
1. Deficiency of B12, Folate, Niacin
2. Deficiency of B12, Folate, B6
3. Deficiency of B12, Folate, Riboflavin
4. Deficiency of B12, Niacin, Riboflavin
Answer =  Homocysteine (Hcy)accumulates during B12 deficiency because of the diminished activity of methionine synthase, but Hcy can also increase due to folate deficiency, vitamin B6 deficiency, thyroid dysfunction, age, gender, and decreased glomerular filtration rate (GFR)